9 April 2020
The response of World Heritage cities to the COVID-19 pandemic – More than twenty initiatives have already been published
Since its launch a week ago, the new OWHC platform listing the initiatives of its member cities in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic has already collected more than twenty initiatives.
As this unprecedented crisis continues to expand, many communities are greatly affected all over the planet. Collaboration and solidarity between cities are therefore more important than ever. This is why the OWHC wants to support its members by sharing different initiatives implemented by local and regional governments around the world.
Go to the special COVID-19 webpage to submit your initiatives and get inspired by those implemented by other cities.
- Aranjuez (Spain) – Cultura para una cuarentena [Spanish]
- Bamberg (Germany) – Local bread and beer delivery
- Cuenca (Ecuador) – Telesalud: Servicio de teleconsulta médica para el COVID-19 [Spanish]
- Isherisheher (Azerbaijan) – Museum from home
- Regensburg (Germany) – #supportyourlocals: Online platform for small shop owners and gastronomy
- Valparaíso (Chile) – Red de abastecimiento barrial [Spanish]
Also have a look at the initiatives of Dubrovnik, Oaxaca, Philadelphia, Quebec, Tarragona, and many others by visiting the special webpage, and please enlist your city‘s initiative(s) if you have not yet done so.