25 November 2020 to
30 April 2021
25 November 2020 to 30 April 2021
Eastern and Central Europe
On the occasion of the inscription of the Historical Town of Banská Štiavnica and Technical Monuments in its Vicinity on the UNESCO World Heritage List, our municipality started to organise a youthful creativity event.
Following the success of the contest for grade school students that marked the 26th anniversary, we have decided to hold the 27th edition of the contest. School children are invited to participate by using their creativity to represent either their own World Heritage City or any World Heritage City or Site around the globe. To participate, the following conditions should be met:
- entries should be submitted in one of three categories – ages up to 9, 10 – 12 and 13 – 15;
- drawings, paintings, water colours, monotypes, linocuts, intarsia, collages and the like should be submitted in standard 10 x 14 cm postcard format mailed preferably in an envelope (for the entire school) and marked with the catchword “Vision 2020”;
- artwork should completely cover the front of the postcard with the back reserved for the full name of the participant, his/her age and complete return address of the school (in block letters in Roman alphabet);
- history, impressions, artefacts, daily life, inhabitants, even the future, are all themes that are suggested to inspire the creative efforts of all participants;
- individual students may submit as many as three different entries which are expected to be received not later than 30th April 2021 to the address:
Radničné nám. 1
969 24 Banská Štiavnica
In June 2021, based on the entries received, we will inaugurate an exhibit entitled
“World Heritage – A Youthful Vision 2021”
during which three of the best entries in each category will be awarded. After Banská Štiavnica, the exhibit will then travel throughout the OWHC network. In case of your interest to reopen the exhibit also in your city, please send us the name of the responsible person we may contact in order to agree details (place, date and the like) before 30th April 2021.
Only entries from schools located in the World Heritage cities will be accepted.
All information regarding the contest can be found on the contest´s website www.sdod.banskastiavnica.sk