43rd Session of the World Heritage Committee in Baku (Azerbaijan)
During the 43rd Session of the World Heritage Committee held in Baku (Azerbaijan) from 30 June to 10 July 2019, 24 cultural sites, 4 natural sites, and 1 mixed site were inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
The OWHC is very pleased that 6 of the inscribed cultural and mixed sites represent urban ensembles or properties within an urban context. The cities in which those sites have been inscribed are:
- Paraty (Brazil): Paraty and Ilha Grande – Culture and Biodiversity
- Augsburg (Germany): Water Management System of Augsburg
- Jaipur City (India)
- Mafra (Portugal): Royal Building of Mafra — Palace, Basilica, Convent, Cerco Garden and Hunting Park (Tapada)
- Pskov (Russian Federation): Churches of the Pskov School of Architecture
- Sheki (Azerbaijan): Historic Centre of Sheki with the Khan’s Palace
The OWHC congratulates these cities for this distinction and hopes that this inscription will mark the birth of a fruitful collaboration with them.