21 January 2014
In the 13th Regional Conference of Southern Europe and the Mediterranean that took place on November 22 at the XII World Congress of the OWHC held in Oaxaca (Mexico), an Evaluation Committee conducted the evaluation and selection of the winning photos of the First Youth Photography Contest of the 2013 World Heritage Cities. This contest is included in the 2013 Action Plan of the Regional Secretariat and promoted by its Education and Cultural Cities Committee.
In this first edition we have established two categories: Category 1 (age 10-13 years) and Category 2 (age 14-16 years).
In the Category 1, 18 young people have participated and presented 52 photographs of the following cities: Bordeaux (7), Aranjuez (12), Guimarães (6), Úbeda (6), Eivissa (9) y Córdoba (12).
The winners were:
- First Prize: photograph 16. Name: El Palacio de Aranjuez. Author: Estefanía Coronado Diezma (Aranjuez). Prize: 400 Euros (less taxes)
- Second Prize: photograph 25. Name: Pont de pierre à bordeaux pendant la fête du fleuve. Author: Mathéo Lucak (Bordeaux). Prize: 300 euros (less taxes)
- Third Prize: photograph 45. Name: Otoño, todas las hojas caídas, visto desde un punto de vista nostálgico. Author: Sergio Núñez Martínez (Aranjuez). Prize: 200 Euros (less taxes)
In Category 2, 28 young people have participated and presented 71 photographs of the following cities: Aranjuez (50), Guimarães (6), Úbeda (6), Segovia (6), and Bordeaux (3).
The winners were:
- First Prize: photograph 60. Name: Guerra das Flores na Praça do Toural. Author: Ana Figueira de Sousa. (Guimarães). Prize: 400 Euros (less taxes)
- Second Prize: photograph 81. Name: La diversidad del jardín del príncipe. Author: Laura Gil Fernández- Galindao (Aranjuez). Prize: 300 Euros (less taxes)
- Third Prize: photograph 105. Name: Casa de las Torres, la Casa del Arte. Author: Rafael Olid Palomino (Úbeda). Prize: 200 Euros (less taxes)
Mr. Rafael Pérez de la Concha Camacho
OWHC Regional Secretariat for Southern Europe / Mediterranean
C/ Rey Heredia, 22 – 14.071
Tel: (34) 957 200522
Fax: (34) 957 200277
Email: [email protected]
Web : www.ovpm.org