Artistic Expression Competition
2019 WORLD HERITAGE CITIES YOUNG PEOPLE’S ARTISTIC EXPRESSION COMPETITION
As part of its 2019 Action Plan, the Regional Secretariat of Southern Europe and the Mediterranean (SRESM) of the Organisation of World Heritage Cities (OWHC) announces its 2nd Young People’s Artistic Expression Competition in the disciplines of sculpture, photography and painting in accordance with the agreement passed at the 16th Regional Conference.
This competition is aimed at young people aged between 10 and 21 who are residents of paid-up member cities of the Regional Secretariat of Southern Europe and the Mediterranean in 2019.
The competition will be run from the OWHC website, http://www.ovpm.org, in collaboration with all the cities comprising this Regional Secretariat, whose support is requested in the task of raising awareness of the competition among young people in their area.
From 25 MARS to 24 MAY 2019 at 24:00. The winners will be chosen by the Judging Panel constituted for that purpose in the 15e OWHC World Congress, which will be held in the city of Krakow (Poland) in June this year.
The aim of the competition is to enable young people to show the perceptions they have of “Heritage and Tourism: Local communities and visitors – sharing responsibilities”, as well as stimulating their creativity, by means of the artistic expression projects they submit.
SUBMISSION OF WORK, PLACE AND DEADLINES
Each participant may submit a maximum of one piece of work for each artistic discipline mentioned above. In order to ensure that the entrants’ work is assessed by the Judging Panel as objectively as possible, participants may choose to photograph their work (a maximum of three photos in digital format).
Participants must fill in a form below for each piece of work they submit (public information*) and either upload the photographs of their work.
- The young person’s complete personal details (name and surname*, postal address, home and mobile telephone numbers, email address, date of birth, national ID number, city*)
- Details of the work submitted: city of the Regional Secretariat* and title of the work*.
- Details of their parent/legal guardian in the case of entrants under 18 (name and surname, national ID number and contact telephone number)
Work that is not correctly identified will not be entered into the competition.
- By entering, the participants express their acceptance of the rules of this competition and authorise the organisers to use the images of their work, for promotional and exhibition purposes only, without affecting their intellectual property rights and without there being implicit remuneration involved. The submitted images will form part of the OWHC database and may be reproduced by the OWHC in a range of presentations and formats, strictly on the proviso that the materials concerned be distributed free of charge. The artist will be credited in all cases.
- Work that does not fulfil the submission criteria mentioned above shall be disqualified.
- The competition organisers will get in touch with the winners to notify them of the judges’ verdict.
- Participants who organise, plan or encourage schemes involving manipulation, deceit or abuse of any regulatory omissions that may exist in these rules or other applicable provisions with the purpose of obtaining a competition prize shall be disqualified.
- Any unforeseen circumstance shall be resolved at the discretion of the organisers and the members of the Judging Panel.
- The OWHC shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost, injury or other incident incurred by any participant in carrying out or taking part in this competition, or in the use or enjoyment of any prize that may be obtained.
- Participation in the competition involves the implicit acceptance of the Judging Panel’s final verdict, which is not subject to appeal. The right to receive the prize is not transferrable or subject to exchange.
JUDGING PANEL, CRITERIA
A Judging Panel made up of representatives of the Regional Secretariat of the OWHC will evaluated the work submitted, taking into consideration the originality and technique they exhibit and select from among all the submissions one winner
The Regional Secretariat of the OWHC will send an accredited diploma of the jury decision. As a special recognition, the prize for the winning work being its use for the official poster of the 2019 Day of Solidarity for our Regional Secretariat’s member cities.
The Regional Secretariat of the OWHC will issue a diploma awarding an honourable mention to the school or youth organisation responsible for the largest number of entrants to the competition.
Organisation of World Heritage Cities (OWHC): www.ovpm.org
UNESCO, World Heritage List: http://portal.unesco.org
PAID-UP MEMBERS OF THE OWHC REGIONAL SECRETARIAT OF SOUTHERN EUROPE AND THE MEDITERRANEAN IN 2018
- ARMENIA: Ejmiatsin
- AUSTRIA: Vienna
- BELGIUM: Brussels
- BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: Mostar
- CAPE VERDE: Cidade Velha
- CROATIA: Dubrovnik, Split
- SPAIN: Aranjuez, Baeza, Córdoba, Cuenca, Granada, Ibiza (Eivissa), Oviedo, Santiago de Compostela, Segovia, Tarragona, Úbeda
- FRANCE: Bordeaux, Lyon, Provins
- GREECE: Rhodes
- MONTENEGRO: Kotor
- PORTUGAL: Angra do Heroísmo, Elvas, Évora, Guimarâes, Porto
REGIONAL SECRETARIAT INFORMATION:
OWHC Regional Secretariat of Southern Europe and the Mediterranean
C/ Rey Heredia, 22 14071 Córdoba (Spain)
Rafael Pérez de la Concha Camacho
Form for submission of work
COMPETITION RULES 2019
Programs of the General Secretariat
Programs of the Regional Secretariats
Programs of the Cities